Broderick Boyd, a young American men’s and relationship coach, interviewed me a few days back on key questions of masculinity.
We cover topics such as:
- How to be a good, empowered man
- Key misconceptions about masculinity
- Men’s distrust of men
- Getting men to admit they need help
- The problems of repressing power and sexuality
- The broken tradition of masculine lineage transmission
- Healing the father-son relationship
- “Toxic masculinity”
- The Warrior archetype, boundaries and psychological health
- The dance of Masculine and Feminine in intimacy
- Does “shit-testing” in the intimate sphere relate with the #metoo-movement and women’s repressed longing for trusting men?
- Bridging the Warrior and Lover-archetypes
- The importance of initiation
- Moving from being entangled with to serving women
Hope you enjoy it.
(BTW, I personally don’t consider James Bond a healthy model of masculinity, even if it’s the cover shot of this video.)